The Taboola Data Marketplace is a part of our targeting efforts. It is designed to allow you to access and target audience segments from the world’s leading data platforms directly within Backstage.
Using the Taboola Data Marketplace will allow you to know which audiences provide the highest value for your campaigns. You can then optimize by creating campaigns targeting these audiences directly within the platform.
How to Access the Data Marketplace
The Data Marketplace is accessed in the Campaign Summary report of any running campaign. In order to access it, do the following:
- Access the Campaign Summary page.
- Select the relevant campaign you’d like to see the audiences for.
- In the top right corner, select the date range you want to view.
- At the top of the report, select the By Audience tab.
On the By Audience tab, you will be able to see relevant performance metrics like impressions, clickthrough rate (CTR) and conversion rate, shown by audience segment, collected over the timeframe you selected. In the report, you’ll also see what partner from our extensive inventory is providing each audience segment.
Creating Campaigns Targeting Specific Audience Segments
There are 2 options to create a new campaign that targets a specific audience segment:
Create a campaign from the By Audience report
This option is best if you wish to create a campaign that’s based on a strongly performing audience from an existing campaign.
In order to create a campaign from the By Audience report, do the following:
- Go to the By Audience tab in the Campaign Summary page.
- Select the campaign you’d like to duplicate the audience from.
- Review the data to identify the strongest audiences for your campaign goals. Usually, the best audiences are the ones that provide the lower Cost Per Action (CPA)
- Tick check boxes of the audiences you would like to target
- Click on Duplicate using Audiences
- Finally, you’ll reach the New Campaign page, which will include all of the settings from your original campaign, and the audiences you’ve selected to target.
Create a campaign from the Campaign Management page
While it is recommended to build audience campaigns based on data from your existing campaigns, sometimes you already know what audiences you wish to target.
In order to create a campaign from the Campaign Management page, do the following:
- Go to the Campaign Management page.
- Click +New Campaign
- Under the Campaign Targeting section, select the country that you wish your campaign to run in
- On the Audience section, select Audience Segments.
- Select which audience segment you’d wish to target from the drop down menu. You can also allow you to type in the field. There are a lot of segments in the Marketplace! Start typing keywords to narrow your search.
- Once you select segments, Taboola users who are in at least one of these segments will be targeted.