Targeting your campaigns to the right audience helps you get the most out of your campaigns. This article will review platform targeting options.
With platform targeting, you are able to choose on which devices your campaign items will appear. Platform targeting can be useful if you have different product or service offerings for users that browse from different platforms. For example, if you’re offering a mobile app, it would make sense to target mobile devices only.
If you are targeting multiple platforms, you most likely should set up a separate campaign for each platform. You can learn more about campaign set up optimizations here.
Setting Up Platform Targeting
To get started, do the following:
- Go to the Campaign Management page.
- Then click +New Campaign.
- On the New Campaign screen, go to the Campaign Targeting section in the middle of the page and find the Platform selections.
- By default, all platforms (desktop, smartphone, tablet) will be selected. You can use the checkboxes to target any combination of desktop, smartphone and tablet traffic for your campaign.
- After you have entered your desired platforms, and the rest of your campaign settings, click Continue. Then you will be able to start adding campaign items to your new campaign.
You can edit the operating system targeting at any time by returning to the Edit Campaign page.