When planning an advertising campaign, it’s important to set a budget for how much you are willing to spend and how quickly you want to spend it.
When setting up your Taboola campaign, you’ll need to specify your budget and how you want to pace that budget. Before setting your budget and pacing, consider how this will impact your campaign plan. For example, perhaps you’d like your budget to pace evenly throughout the duration of the entire campaign. Or, maybe you’d like to set your budget on a monthly basis.
Whatever your budget and pacing goals, Taboola can help. This article will explain how to set up your budget and pacing to work for you.
To get started, do the following:
- Go to the Campaigns tab of Taboola Ads
- Then click on the green Create Campaign button:
- On the Campaign creation page, once you've implemented your campaign settings including targeting and schedule, you'll find yourself in the Budget and Bidding section.
- Firstly, you will need to choose how your whole campaign will pace, under Budget. Depending on your campaign goals, you may want different options for how your campaign budget will be spent on a daily basis. Taboola offers three different options for how your budget will be spent for your campaign:
• This means you do not want your campaign to exceed a specific amount of spend on a daily basis. If you choose Daily Budget, here you can input a daily cap.
• The Daily Cap is the maximum amount you are willing to spend in one day for that campaign.
• Note: The actual daily spend could be up to double the daily cap set.
• This means the budget is set on a per month basis.
• The campaign spend will not exceed its budget each month.
• The budget will automatically reset on the first of every month that the campaign is live.
• This means the budget is set on an overall/lifetime basis.
• The campaign will therefore stops when this limit is reached, or when the campaign reaches its end date (whichever comes first).
5. Next, enter the Spending Limit. This is your campaign budget and the maximum amount you want to spend on your campaign
Note: you will only need to enter this if you have selected Daily Budget.
6. Now it's time to enter your Bid Amount (Cost per Click) Bid. This is the amount you will pay per click. See Setting Your CPC for more on setting your campaign’s CPC.
Select one of the two options for your Bidding Strategy:
Fixed Bid - Use if you want to maintain control over your baseline bid. We recommend starting with a higher bid and adjusting depending on campaign performance.
Smart Bid - Use if you want Taboola to help maximize campaign performance and scale automatically. The actual cost per click might be higher for some impressions and lower for others. The maximum cost per click over each site won't be higher than 200% over the baseline bid amount unless your campaign is eligible for expedited learning, the CPC might exceed the the range. You can learn more about Expedited Learning here.
7. Lastly, choose the pacing option for your campaign items under the Ad Optimization section. This gives you the opportunity to decide how you’d like traffic to be distributed among your campaign items. You have two options:
Optimized - (Recommended option) The traffic distribution for your ads will be determined by our algorithm, and your most engaging creatives will get more traffic than others.
A/B Testing - Ads will receive equal opportunities across Taboola’s network by allocating impressions more evenly than Optimized, regardless of performance. When the A/B test reaches the end-date, the campaign will switch to Optimized ad delivery.
7. After you have entered your budget and pacing options, and the rest of your campaign settings, click Create Campaign. Then you will be able to start adding campaign items to your new campaign.
You can edit your CPC, budget and pacing at any time by returning to the Edit Campaign page.