When planning an advertising campaign, it’s important to set a budget for how much you are willing to spend and how quickly you want to spend it.
When setting up your Taboola campaign, you’ll need to specify your budget and how you want to pace that budget. Before setting your budget and pacing, consider how this will impact your campaign plan. For example, perhaps you’d like your budget to pace evenly throughout the duration of the entire campaign. Or, maybe you’d like to set your budget on a monthly basis.
Whatever your budget and pacing goals, Taboola can help. This article will explain how to set up your budget and pacing to work for you.
To get started, do the following:
- Go to the Campaign Management page.
- Then click +New Campaign.
- On the New Campaign page, go to the Bidding and Budget section near the bottom of the page
- Enter your Bid Amount (Cost per Click) Bid. This is the amount you will pay per click. See Setting Your CPC for more on setting your campaign’s CPC.
- Select one of the two options for your Bidding Strategy:
Fixed Bid - Use if you want to maintain control over your baseline bid. We recommend starting with a higher bid and adjusting depending on campaign performance.
Smart Bid - Use if you want Taboola to help maximize campaign performance and scale automatically. The actual cost per click might be higher for some impressions and lower for others. The maximum cost per click over each site won't be higher than 100% over the baseline bid amount.
- Next, enter the Spending Limit. This is your campaign budget and the maximum amount you want to spend on your campaign - either on a monthly basis or for the entire duration of your campaign.
- To choose whether the Spending Limit set will be the maximum budget on a monthly basis or for the entire duration of your campaign, you can select one of the two options for Spending Model:
• This is the default setting and this means the Spending Limit is set on a per month basis.
• The campaign spend will not exceed the Spending Limit each month.
• The budget will automatically reset on the first of every month that the campaign is live.
• This means the Spending Limit is set for the entire duration of the campaign flight.
• The campaign will automatically stop spending once it fulfills that budget or it reaches its end date, whichever happens first.
- Next, you will need to choose how your whole campaign will pace, under Daily Ad Delivery. Depending on your campaign goals, you may want different options for how your campaign budget will be spent on a daily basis. Taboola offers three different options for how your budget will be spent for your campaign:
Balanced Pacing (*Recommended for most advertisers)
• This is the default setting and this means your campaign will pace as evenly as possible throughout the month (if Monthly Flight is chosen for Spending Model) or over the course of your campaign (if Entire Campaign is chosen for Spending Model)
• If you choose Entire for the Spending model and don’t set an end date for your campaign, the campaign will try to pace the budget as evenly as possible over 30 days.
• This means you do not want your campaign to exceed a specific amount of spend on a daily basis.If you choose Strict Pacing, you will need to input a daily cap budget.
• The Daily Cap is the maximum amount you are willing to spend in one day for that campaign.
• Note: The actual daily spend could be up to double the daily cap set.
- Lastly, choose the pacing option for your campaign items under the Creative Traffic Allocation section. This gives you the opportunity to decide how you’d like traffic to be distributed among your campaign items. You have two options:
Optimized - (Recommended option) The traffic distribution for your campaign items will be determined by our algorithm, and your most engaging creatives will get more traffic than others.
Even - The traffic for your campaign will be distributed evenly among your campaign items.
- After you have entered your budget and pacing options, and the rest of your campaign settings, click Continue. Then you will be able to start adding campaign items to your new campaign.
You can edit your CPC, budget and pacing at any time by returning to the Edit Campaign page.