Taboola’s campaign scheduling feature allows you to decide exactly when you’d like your campaign items to appear to users. You are also able to decide exactly when you would not like your campaign items to appear to users. This capability allows you to choose both which days and which hours of specific days you’d like to include or exclude for your campaign.
With this, you will be able to only show your campaign items when they have the best performance. For example, if most of your new user sign ups for your subscription service happen over the weekend, you can choose to only run your campaign on those days.
This is also a valuable optimization tool - you can, for example, run two campaigns with the same campaign items but different campaign scheduling. Each campaign can have a different budget and CPC based on how those campaign items perform during the different campaign schedules. You can learn more about optimizing campaigns here and campaign reporting here.
Setting Up Campaign Scheduling
- Navigate to Taboola Ads.
- Click +Create and select Campaign
- On the Campaign set-up screen, go to the Timeframe section under Schedule. The default is 24/7, which means your campaign will show anytime the campaign is live and has budget.
- (optional) If you choose Set Specific Days or Hours, scheduling settings by day will open:
• At the top of this section, you can apply a specific schedule to Every Day, Weekdays, or Weekends. Simply choose the scheduling, then click Copy timeframe to all
• Or, you can choose a schedule for each individual day. You can either exclude a day completely, set specific hours for that day
• If needed, you can also change the timezone per campaign for this targeting.
- After you have entered your desired campaign scheduling settings, and the rest of your campaign settings, click Continue. Then you will be able to start adding campaign items to your new campaign.
You can edit the campaign scheduling at any time by returning to the Edit Campaign page.