Taboola’s eCommerce campaign best practices are broken out into three primary campaign goals:
- Awareness - Let your audience know you’re here. Maximize clicks, and drive traffic to your website to get discovered.
- Consideration - Capture leads and qualify your audience.
- Decision - Get purchases, increase sales.
In this article we’ll dive into these goals, and provide you with best practices to achieve them.
When your goal is to create brand awareness, the overall strategy is to maximize clicks by creating campaign items with broad appeal. By making sure your campaign items are related to your product category, you’ll ensure that you’re targeting the right audience for your needs.
The campaign items below offer good examples of how to create brand awareness; they have broad appeal, and they qualify their audience by making sure the campaign items are related in some way to the product category.
- Use engaging content such as video and photo galleries. Make sure to leave opportunities for further navigation and interaction with your products.
- Photo galleries get the highest clickthrough rates from users, and offer a great way to showcase your products. Create engaging formats like photo galleries and video, and make pages easy to interact with and navigate.
See more best practices and examples here, for helping to achieve brand awareness.
The overall strategy with this goal is to create a list of potential clients that are interested in your product. You can qualify those interested users with campaign items directly related to your product’s value proposition.
The campaign items below offer good examples of how to create consideration. The titles speak specifically about the product - which helps ensure the quality of leads from users that click on these campaign items.
- Consider giving your audience something of value in exchange for the information they’re leaving. For example, you can offer a significant discount, or a quiz funnel with the email given in exchange for the result.
- Mobile tends to have a lower Cost per Acquisition (CPA), so make sure you include mobile devices when you set up your campaigns.
- Use campaign items that highlight your product’s value proposition.
See more best practices and examples here, for helping achieve consideration.
The strategy with this goal should be for you to include robust information about your product in your campaign items and landing pages, making sure that users remember to return when they are ready to make their purchase decision.
The campaign items below offer good examples of how to help users make a decision. The campaign items give the user benefits and a purpose for using the products, creating a necessity in their mind.
- The higher the price point, the longer it generally takes a user to make a purchase. Therefore, it’s best to use thumbnails and titles - as well as landing pages - directly related to the product you want to sell, and to use retargeting to make sure users return to follow through with a purchase.
- Provide multiple opportunities for users to shop. Make sure to link any product images and names to the sales page, and integrate a call to action if needed.
See more best practices and examples here, for helping create decision-based goals.