This article will review the campaign data you are able to see in your campaign reports. You can learn more about what campaign reports are available here.
Most of your campaign data can be found on the Campaign Summary page, which is the first page you’ll see when you log in to Backstage.
On the Campaign Summary page, you’ll see the following metrics for any report you pull.
- Impressions - The total number of times users saw your campaign items. Each time your campaign item is displayed, it’s counted as one impression.
- CTR (Clickthrough Rate) - This measures the percentage of users who clicked on your campaign items. CTR is calculated by dividing the number of clicks for your campaign items by the number of impressions for your campaign items.
- Clicks - The total number of clicks your campaign items received.
- Average CPC -The average amount you have been charged per click. This is calculated by dividing the total cost of your clicks by the total number of clicks.
- CPM (cost per one thousand impressions) - The amount you pay per one thousand impressions of your campaign items. For example, if your CPM is $0.25, it means you have paid $0.25 for every 1,000 impressions of your campaign items.
- Conversion Rate (CVR) - The percentage of visitors from your Taboola campaigns who completed a conversion (purchase, pageview, etc.). Conversion rate is calculated by dividing the number of users who completed a conversion by the number of users who clicked on your campaign items.
- Actions - This is a conversion, defined by the conversion being tracked through Taboola’s conversion tracking code on your site.
Important note!If you are tracking multiple conversions, they will all be counted under this column.Important note!Taboola will attribute actions based on when the converted user first clicked. For example, if a user clicks your campaign item on Tuesday, and then that same user converts on Friday, Backstage will show the “action” (conversion) under Tuesday’s data. This is important to note as your analytics may track conversions differently, perhaps on the day the conversion was completed.
- CPA (Cost Per Action) - This is the amount you pay for each of the actions you defined - such as a product purchase, pageview or email signup. To calculate a campaign’s average CPA, divide the total amount of money spent by the number of actions. For example, if you spend $500 and get 10 conversions, your CPA is $500/10 = $50.
You can learn more about CPA here.
- Spent - This is the total spend for your campaign for the selected time period.
Learn more about the reports available in Backstage here.