This article provides an overview of Taboola’s recommended creative best practices for your campaign items. Below are our best practices for creating great titles and images.
- Image file: 1 MB Max, JPEG preferred
- Headline Character Length: 35-45 characters, 60 maximum
- Branding Text: 30 characters maximum
- 1000 x 600 px minimum
Thumbnail Best Practices:
- People are always preferable— even better if they’re at medium zoom from the shoulders up, or even closer.
- Avoid image clutter. Clean images with a single center of focus will help you stand out.
- Utilize eye-catching colors to attract the users’ attention.
- Avoid ClipArt, brand logos, and images with layers of text. These may not crop well, and end up being off-center.
Title Best Practices:
Your title can be a powerful targeting tool. Call out your audience or your product when possible:
Here’s Why Parents Love This New Video Streaming Service
Here’s Why People Love This Website
Front-load titles with an eye-catching main point:
How Bad Customer Service Can Be Hurting Your Business
New Research Can Shed Light on How Bad Customer Service Can Hurt Your Business
Numbered lists can be a good way to entice a user to click:
5 New features you can find on your smartphone
A useful guide to your smart-phone's newest features
Intrigue and mystery can help draw in users:
The real secret to happiness may surprise you
Study shows more sleep will make you happier over time
Don’t forget that titles should be capitalized, just as you would an article headline:
How Ad Tech is Transforming the Marketing Landscape
The complete guide to how ad tech is changing marketing
- Media Type: MP4, MOV
- 3rd Party Tag Specifications: VAST 2.0, VAST 2.0 with VPAID 2.0 JS, VAST 3.0
- Aspect Ratios: 16:9 (preferred), 4:3, 1:1
- Video Size Limit: 150 MB
- Bitrate: >=2500 kbps
- Video length: 6-30 seconds (preferred), 90 seconds maximum
Video Creative Best Practices
- Fill the screen for a higher impact experience. Using big images in your videos are more eye-
- Add subtitles to account for users watching videos with their sound off to drive more engagement.
- Use text overlays and call-to-action buttons to drive users to the end of the video or to complete an action.
Video Campaign TIPS AND TRICKS
- Test different creatives - Test two or three creatives to see what works best for your video. Consider using people, nature scenes, city scenes, and a lot of movement!
- Use the Taboola Video Studio - available to our managed service clients, to add enrichments including custom overlays, end-cards, subtitles, logos, and more to drive engagement and amplify brand awareness.
- Visit trends.taboola.com for the latest video trends in your market!