For this specific type of retargeting, you are able to retarget users who have previously clicked on your Taboola campaign items. Unlike retargeting all users who have been to your site or all users who have seen your display advertising, retargeting users who have clicked on your campaign items does not require any type of tag to be generated or implemented on your website or anywhere else.
How Retargeting Helps You
- You will reach users who are more likely to complete a conversion. Users have already interacted with your business before, so the trust that you are building by using retargeting will help to drive conversions. Remember to take advantage of our conversion tracking so you know how your campaign is performing.
- You will reach users who are more likely to interact with your website. They will be more likely to stick around and interact with your business.
- You will most likely see a shortened amount of time it takes from a user’s initial interaction with your website to complete a conversion.
- You will most likely see a higher return on investment, or return on ad spend. By using retargeting and reaching users who are more likely to convert, it means you will be spending your money wisely.
Setting Up A Retargeting Campaign for Campaign Item Clickers
A retargeting campaign is the campaign that you will use to target users who have previously clicked on your campaign items from a specific campaign(s).
Before setting up a retargeting campaign for campaign item clickers, you must already have at least one campaign running whose campaign item clickers you’d like to retarget in your retargeting campaign. Taboola will gather a list of users who have clicked on your campaign items from that campaign(s) and use that list to retarget in your retargeting campaign. This list of users is called the retargeting pool.
Once you are ready to set up a campaign item clicker retargeting campaign, take the following steps:
- Create a new campaign, including adding the campaign items you’d like to use for your retargeting campaign. This will be your retargeting campaign.
- Pause the campaign.
- Reach out to your Account Manager or email@example.com and ask them to activate the retargeting on your campaign. You will need to include the following information:
• The name and ID of your retargeting campaign
• The campaign name(s) and ID(s) of your campaign(s) whose campaign item clickers you’d like to retarget in your retargeting campaign. This will let your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org know which users you’d like to retarget. In other words, it will let them know which retargeting pool(s) you want to use.
Retargeting Campaign Set Up Tips
- Start with higher CPC since the retargeting pools will be smaller than Taboola’s whole network of users.
- If you are a performance advertiser, try a more aggressive offer or call to action.
“Mix and Match” Retargeting Pools and Campaigns
You can “mix and match” retargeting campaigns and retargeting pools. You are able to target as many retargeting pools per campaign as you’d like, and you can use specific retargeting pools in multiple campaigns.