Before running your campaigns on the Taboola network, please review these policies and ensure that all elements of your campaign meet these requirements.
Note that these policies are not exhaustive and are subject to change without notice. So, please be sure to check back here often.
All types of content, products and services below are strictly prohibited from running in your Taboola campaign.
Offensive, Threatening or Inappropriate Content
X You must not promote anything that is related to sexual products or services.
- Examples: “Adult” dating sites or services offering to facilitate sexual encounters; mail-order brides; or erectile dysfunction or male enhancement products
X You must not promote anything that is pornographic, sexually suggestive, or that contains nudity. Similarly, content may not give the impression of nudity (even if on closer examination, it does not actually contain nudity).
- Example: Shirtless woman covering her chest; woman wearing a skin-colored bathing suit.
X You must not promote anything that is hateful, discriminatory, abusive, intolerant, or exploitative.
- Example: Content that disparages people of a certain religion or ethnic background
X You must not promote anything that is obscene or offensive.
- Example: Content that depicts dead bodies; or feces and bodily fluids
X You must not promote anything with excessive profanity or offensive language.
- Examples: Curse words, racial, religious, or homophobic slurs, spelling variations of profane language; or use of foreign language profanity
X You must not promote anything that harasses, threatens, incites hatred, fear, or violence, or depicts physical harm.
- Examples: Content that depicts a graphic injury; content that encourages people to riot
X You must not promote any content about harm to children.
X You must not promote anything that has a significant risk of being dangerous.
- Example: Ads for explosives such as chemical bombs, grenades, or eBooks on how to make bombs
X You must not promote anything that promotes dangerous, violent, or harmful behavior or that we feel may otherwise cause harm to our users for any reason.
X You must not use thumbnails that contain a gun or other weapon aimed at the user, or that point to the left or right ).
False Promises, Scams and Illegal Activity
X You must not promote Anything that promises to diagnose, cure, prevent, treat, or reverse any disease, condition, or illness.
- Examples: Ads for Alzheimer's reversal supplements; eBooks about how to cure diabetes; or supplements that promise to cure erectile dysfunction
X You must not promote anything that has a significant risk of being fraudulent or a scam that may cause harm to users, or that is designed to enable illegal or dishonest behavior.
- Examples: Ads for credit repair services, pyramid schemes; PC repair software or software that promises to fix or improve the performance of a computer; or premium-rate telephone numbers (1-900 numbers)
X You must not promote anything that promotes illegal activity or has a significant risk of being illegal.
- Examples: Ads for recreational drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin; paraphernalia marketed to facilitate use of recreational drugs such as pipes, bongs, and rolling papers
X You must not promote the sale of counterfeit goods. Counterfeit goods contain a trademark or logo that is identical to or substantially indistinguishable from another company's trademark in an attempt to pass the product off as that of the brand owner.
- Examples: Luxury watches sold at a fraction of the brand's typical price