All advertisements and other third-party content must comply with the following policies. This includes both (1) the advertisements or third-party content on your landing page and (2) the websites that the user lands on after clicking on these advertisements or third-party content. This also includes any subsequent gallery or other pages a user might see after clicking on the advertisement or third-party content.
Taboola strives to maintain a network of relevant, reliable, and appropriate content so that audiences can expect a certain quality of content recommended by Taboola. And we believe that expectations of quality extend beyond the widgets. This is why we issue detailed guidelines for landing page practices. In the same way we monitor the content in your campaigns’ headlines, titles, and landing pages, we similarly monitor the content quality in any other third-party ads or content recommendations that appear on your landing pages. We have found that certain third-party practices reduce the quality of the Taboola network.
Must Comply With Taboola Policies
V All advertisements and other third-party content must comply with the following policies:
- Restricted Content, Products and Services
- Prohibited Content, Products and Services
- Prohibited Campaign Practices
- Title, Thumbnail and Branding Text Policies
V All advertisements and other third-party content must disclose that they are advertisements (if it is not otherwise obvious), and, where appropriate, they must also disclose the source or provider of any promoted content, products or services. See Taboola’s Branding Text Guidelines for the proper way to disclose the source of sponsored links.
- Example: Third party content recommendation widgets must contain branding text for all advertisements and must also disclose which company powers the widget.
- Example of non-compliant third party content recommendation widget (no disclosures):
V Any content or links on the landing page that are sponsored by a third party must clearly and conspicuously be labeled as sponsored.
- Example: A Taboola widget on a landing page must contain additional text disclosing that the widget contains sponsored links by Taboola.
- Example of a compliant third party recommendation widget:
Some third parties may implement practices that make it more difficult for you to detect when the content they provide on your landing page violates these guidelines, for example by selectively hiding infringing content from certain people but showing it to others. You are ultimately responsible for all of the content on your landing page, so we recommend that you take measures to review your landing page in a manner that will allow you to circumvent these practices (e.g., block cookies from third party content recommendation platforms).