Achieve your App Install objectives with our dedicated formats.
What is an App Install card?
App Install is an ad format designed for advertisers who are looking to drive installs of their application by driving directly to the app store.
App Install card will drive a clearer message to users with more details around the app. This format minimizes the extra step of a landing page, sets better expectations with the users, and drives straight to the app store!
Why Partner with Taboola on your App Install Campaigns?
By adding the open web to app install strategy you will received the following benefits:
- Diversify Your reach: The open web has a much larger audience than app stores, so an open web campaign can reach more potential users in a different environment!
- Robust targeting options: Taboola allows for more sophisticated targeting options, such as contextual targeting based don readership date, demographic or interest-based targeting, which can help ensure that the campaign reaches the most relevant audience.
- Increased conversion: As users are directed to an app store vs a landing page, it can help increase conversion rates as the user is driven to the correct store where they can take action!
New Format Features:
- App Store Rating
- A more prominent "Install Now" button featured above the image in order to drive quality downloads
- An app icon
From our testing, this new format and strategy have driven a reduction in CPA by 29% when driving to the app store vs a landing page.
When to use App Install Format
This format was designed in an order to generate app installs. If your marketing strategy is to drive directly to the app store and garner new installs, this is the format for you!
If you want to drive users to the landing page to learn more before downloading your app, utilize our standard native format.
How to set up an App Promotion Campaign In Taboola Ads
To get started, Create a new ad or campaign, and select the App Promotion As your Marketing Objective.
Note: you will need to create separate campaigns per OS operating system.
Fill in the rest of the campaign criteria based on marketing goals. When you get the platform section, you will only be allowed to select “mobile” as App Install Campaigns are mobile only. Format is currently not supported on Tablet or Desktop inventory.
As noted above, you will need to make separate campaigns per OS. Select the correct OS that you are targeting for your campaign. (i.e. IOS and Android will need to be separate campaigns) if you select more than OS system, new format will not be displayed when building creative.
Then after targeting and budget settings, it is time to build your ad! Once you click “Create Ads” you will need to select the campaign you would like to add your creative to when you get to the “Campaign Setup.”
On the next screen you will be presented with two options, App Install format or Image/Motion Ad.
*Please note App Install Card can support Motion Ads and is recommended!
We recommend the App In stall card for campaign driving directly to the app store for downloads. For other strategies under app promotion, please select “Image/ Motion Ads” to build your creative.
For the Ad Set up section, you will need your Third -party tracking partner url. See accepted Partners here. You will also need your App Store URL. If you do not have a partnership with a third party, you can just add your Apple Store URL in the “Landing Page URL” Field.
From here you can add headlines & CTA. Recommended CTA’s from App Install Campaigns are:
- Download Now (recommended CTA)
- Install Now
- Play Now
- Via App Store URL Store Rating and logo will be retrieved.
- S2S partner integration :https://help.taboola.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006850567-How-to-Track-Conversions-Using-Server-to-Server-Integration-S2S-
- Image file: 1MB maximum, jpeg preferred. (Accepted types: JPEG, BMP, PNG, WBMP and GIF)
- 1000 x 600 px minimum - smaller images will serve in fewer placements
- Aspect Ratios: 16:9 (preferred), 4:3,
- TIP: we suggest an image of the app or Motion ad to show users how the app looks and feels.
- Motion Ads:
- File Type: .mp4, .mov, .gif.
- Max File Size: 50 MB (maximum 5 MB for .gif files.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9.
- Pixel Resolution: 1067x600.
- Max Length: 15 Seconds.
- Headline Character Length: 34-45 is best, 60 Characters max
- Branding Text: 30 characters maximum
- CTA: “ Download Now”, “Install Now”, “Play now”