What is SmartBid?
SmartBid is Taboola's core machine learning algorithm that utilizes historic data to automate your campaign's bid. SmartBid is designed to maximize your campaign performance at scale.
What is Maximize Conversions?
Maximize Conversions is a solution of Taboola’s SmartBid automated bidding strategy. Maximize Conversions aims to deliver as many conversions under your target budget.
Maximize Conversions is an automated bidding solution that optimizes for the maximum number of conversions at any given budget. For example, if you set a budget of $500, Taboola will maximize the number of conversions that can be generated under that budget, at the lowest cost.
This feature is best used when looking to understand your potential conversion performance via depletion of your budget. When users visit a website, Taboola will bid according to how likely a user is to convert at the lowest cost.
Who should use Maximize Conversions?
Maximize Conversions should be used when:
- You are launching a campaign that is optimizing towards conversions: it is recommended to use Max Conversions as the default exploring method to understand your potential conversion performance via depletion of your budget
- You want to focus on maximizing the number of conversions within your given budget
- You are prioritizing conversion volume
- You are spending less than your budget and need to deplete higher daily caps
Visit this page to better understand the available bid strategies on Taboola.
|You must enable conversion reporting within Taboola Ads to use Maximize Conversions. Maximize Conversions is best paired with the Taboola Pixel, but is also compatible with conversions via server-to-server integrations|
How is Maximize Conversions different from Target CPA?
Maximize Conversions and Target CPA are both conversion based bidding strategies aimed to deliver performance at scale, however they aim to do that in different ways.
Maximize Conversions optimizes for the maximum number of conversions under a given budget, whilst Target CPA locks in the CPA goal first and foremost and will not aim to deviate from it, regardless of seasonality or competition.
It may be the case that you are able to achieve your performance goals with Maximize Conversions (without setting a CPA goal), but Target CPA gives you the added assurance that the algorithm is prioritizing the CPA target over anything else. With With both bidding strategies, Taboola will evaluate each distinct impression your campaign serves, based on numerous signals that our algorithm takes in.
Importantly, both Maximize Conversions and Target CPA will make bid adjustments based on conversions that are Included in Total (you can find out more about setting up conversion events here).
If you choose a daily budget of $200, Taboola will automatically set your bids to reach as many conversions as possible at the lowest cost within that budget. Some days may see a cost per acquisition of higher or lower than your target, but the daily spend will be consistent.
This is due to natural fluctuations in our network - matching your campaign with the right signals that will generate conversions at your acquisition costs. Bid adjustments are made in real time, and per individual impression. This includes individual publishers, platforms, contexts, among others.
How do I set up a Maximize Conversions campaign?
You may update your Bidding Strategy from multiple fields. The following instructions indicate how to opt into Target CPA when editing a campaign.
- Click on the pencil icon to edit an existing campaign
- Go to the Bidding and Budget section
- Under Bid Strategy, choose Conversions (CPA) under ‘What do you want to focus on?’
- Your campaign will then be opted in to usin Maximize Conversions bidding strategy. If you then select the Target CPA checkbox, you can enter the CPA that you would like Taboola to factor in future recommendations, and the campaign will adjust to the Target CPA bidding strategy
Additional Notes on SmartBid with Maximize Conversions