To drive the best performance possible for your campaigns, Taboola offers an extensive selection of audience segments across demographics, interests and purchase intent categories.
This allows you to focus your ad spend on audiences who are most likely to be interested in your brand or product.
In this article, you will learn how to target these audiences in your campaign, and how to access the Audiences reporting in Taboola Ads.
How to target Marketplace Audiences?
To target Marketplace Audiences in your campaign, navigate to the "Audience Targeting" section on the Campaign Creation screen and locate the Marketplace Audiences field.
There are three ways to add Marketplace Audiences to your campaign:
Option 1: Target segment bundles (New!)
Segment bundles are groups of similar audience segments across different data providers. For example, the segment bundle “Purchase Intent > Clothing and Accessories > Footwear” includes all relevant audience segments of individuals who are in-market to buy shoes, sourced from multiple data providers.
Check the box to the left of the segment bundle to add all relevant audience segments to your campaign targeting altogether.
To view the segments included in a bundle, click on the unbundle icon. A list of segments included in the bundle will be displayed.
Hover over each segment to view more information including the data provider and audience description.
Option 2: Target segments from specific data providers
If you wish to target segments from specific data providers, click on the filter icon and select the data providers from the list provided.
This selection ensures that only segments from your chosen data provider(s) will be displayed in the drop-down menu of audience segments.
Option 3: Use keyword to search
You also have the ability to find segments using the search functionality. Just enter a keyword in the "Click to select audience" field, and a list of available options will be displayed.
How to Access Audiences Reporting
To view Audiences reporting for your campaigns, take the following steps:
Navigate to the Campaigns tab in your Taboola Ads dashboard.
Select or search for the campaign you wish to view reporting in the campaign list on the left hand side.
Go to the Audiences reporting view. Here you will see the performance of your campaign by audience.
For the run of network (RON) campaigns, you will see the performance stats of your campaign by segment bundle; for campaigns targeting specific audience segments, the performance will be broken down by segment.
Best Practices for Targeting Marketplace Audiences
- If you’re currently running RON campaigns, the Audiences reporting tab offers valuable insights into the engaged and converting audiences. You can leverage these insights to create campaigns targeting high-performing audiences.
- Go to the Audiences tab and select a RON campaign that has a spending history of at least 2 weeks and is not in the learning phase, to ensure there is sufficient data to identify the best performing audiences.
- Review the performance to identify the audiences that perform better against your campaign goals.
- Select the better performing audiences you would like to target in the new campaign and click on Duplicate Campaign using Audiences.
- You will be directed to the Campaign Creation screen. Make any necessary changes to the rest of your campaign settings.
- Consider increasing your CPC/CPM bid if using Bid Control (CPC/CPM) as the bidding strategy. When applying audience targeting, your campaign delivery will be more focused on a specific audience. To maintain competitiveness in auction, it’s recommended to run these campaigns with a higher bid compared to your RON campaigns.
- Targeting segment bundles helps ensure all similar audience segments across different data providers are included in your campaign.
Q: I’ve noticed some segments have been renamed. Where can I find the previous segment names?
A: The previous used segment names are included in the tooltip. You can hover over each segment to view the old segment name on the Campaign Creation/Edit screen or Audiences Reporting tab.