The Taboola Pixel allows you understand the actions people take on your site and to optimize your marketing campaigns towards desired and valuable actions. When visitors on your site perform a certain action, the Taboola Pixel can be activated to report that action.
You can use the Taboola Pixel to set up and track customized conversions and to build custom audiences for targeting. It is used tos drive better performance through data-based optimization, tracking things such as conversion rates and values.
Conversion tracking helps you gather important insights about actions users are taking on your site. It gives you the ability to measure the impact and return on ad spend; for example, a product purchase, page view, email signup or other type of action.
The Taboola Pixel additionally enables you to build Custom Audiences – groups of users that you can target based on visits or interactions with your site – in order to ensure that you’re reaching the most qualified users possible.
Creation and installation of the Taboola Pixel is easy to do; it’s a one-time action performed in a single place on your site.
Creating the Taboola Pixel
Before you can set up and create conversions, you’ll first need to create your base pixel and verify that your pixel code is active.
- If your pixel hasn’t been installed yet, go to the Taboola Pixel menu, and select Conversions.
- Click Create Pixel at the top right of the screen.
- The instructions for installing the Taboola Pixel code are at the top of the following page. Note that this code should be implemented in the header on all pages of your site.
- Once you’ve created your pixel, you can either copy the code to a clipboard (and send it to the Webmaster to put it on all the site’s pages), or download it to an HTML editor and then send it via email, for example.
• It may take up to 20 minutes for your pixel status to change after installing it.
• To ensure that your pixel has been added properly, please add our Chrome extension, which you can learn more about here.
- Now, at the top right of the Conversions page, you’ll be able to see the status of your pixel. Note that several may exist for events, but here we are showing the status of the main one.
- Click View Code for instructions on how to install the pixel on your site.
The pixel statuses are as follows:
- Create Pixel - For the first time a user clicks on a status badge.
- Waiting for Pixel - There has not yet been any activity.
- No Recent Activity – This indicates that the pixel was active in the past, but has had no activity in the past 48 hours.
- Active – The pixel is firing properly, with activity reported in the past 48 hours.
NOTE: If you do not have access to the Taboola Pixel screens in backstage, please contact your Taboola Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.