Conversions occur when a user takes a desired action on your landing page that is valuable to you and your business, such as a product purchase, pageview, email signup, or other type of action. With conversion tracking, you can easily see if Taboola is driving results for your business by monitoring conversions that happen on your website after someone clicks on your campaigns.
The following actions can be tracked using conversion tracking:
- Website Conversions - This includes purchases, new leads, and email signups.
- Website Actions - This includes a button/link click on your website and an “add to cart” action.
- Pageviews - This means tracking the amount of pages a user visits after they click on your campaign item. This metric is commonly called “Pages Per Visit.”
- App Downloads - You can track mobile app downloads and in-app events that happen after a user clicks on your Taboola campaign item by utilizing server-to-server conversion tracking.
To get started with conversion tracking, you will need to first create your conversion tracking code, then implement your conversion tracking code on your website.
Tracking Conversions in Reports
The conversion tracking data for your campaigns can be viewed on the Campaign Summary Page in Backstage.
The Taboola Pixel allows you to see performance data for many different conversion types in the same report, providing deeper detail into the actions Taboola users are taking on your website.
The following are the steps required in Backstage to track conversions with the Taboola Pixel.
How to Track Conversions with the Taboola Pixel
- Go to the Campaign Summary page.
- On the right side of the screen, click the Columns button.
- Here you can select the columns that you want to view and select for tracking multiple conversions with the Taboola Pixel. Note that these column selections are only available for the new Taboola Pixel.
For each conversion type (per conversion rule and total), there will be four available columns:
- Conversions – The number of actions attributed to Taboola.
- CVR – The number of conversions/impressions x 100%.
- CPA – The total spent/number of conversions. Note that this is for total spend and not first conversion spend.
- Conversion Value ($) - The sum of conversion values based on the conversion value parameter. If the conversion value parameter is empty, this value will be 0.
In the Customize Columns view, the columns selected by default are: Impressions, CTR, Clicks, Average CPC, CPM, Spent, Conversion Rate, Actions, and CPA. When changing these selections, you can go back and restore the defaults by selecting Reset to default.