In addition to static images, you have the ability to add Animated Creatives to your Taboola campaigns.
Animated Creatives Benefits:
- A Great Experience: no matter the size, GIFs are automatically fit to each Taboola ad slot in an optimal way.
- Massive Inventory: Over 95% of our network is configured to accept animated thumbnail creatives.
- Performance and Scale: animated thumbnails are shown to increase CTRs with stable conversion rates. As always, increasing your CTR will increase your scale across the network of Taboola sites.
- Control: you can add more than one Animated Thumbnail to any given campaign, as well as mix static and animated thumbnails in the same campaign. This means you can A/B test the performance of animated versus static images, as well as use animated thumbnails within campaigns that are configured with Even Creative Rotation.
How to Upload GIFs to Your Campaign:
- In the Campaign Inventory page, add a new item or select an existing one.
- Edit the thumbnail using the pencil icon next to the thumbnail.
- Upload your GIF from either a local file or web URL.
- Check the preview of your uploaded GIF in the Campaign Inventory page.
Animated Creative Tips
As opposed to a video, where the expected outcome of a click is a pause of the video, animated creatives need to differentiate themselves. Based on our analysis, we found that repetitive clips with slight movement are best for grabbing the consumer's attention and creating the expectation that a click will lead to a content page.
- Use high quality images for animations
- Use short animations, up to 10 seconds. GIFs will play in a loop.
- Use GIFs with clear, understandable animation.
- Use a filename or link ending with .gif.
- Use a GIF with a resolution of higher than 600 x 400 pixels. The minimum size is 400 x 200 pixels.
- The file size should be less than 3 MB.
- Animated GIF ads will be played in up to 10 FPS
- Avoid flashing or extreme GIFs. Your ad may not be approved by the Content Review team.
NOTE: If you do not have access to this functionality, please reach out to your Taboola Account Manager who can enable it for you.
For more information about creative best practises please visit Taboola trends