Lookalike models are used to increase scale by finding new people likely to be interested in your business because they resemble existing customers.
Use your CRM data to create lookalike audiences on Taboola! You can upload either a customer list of hashed email addresses, mobile device IDs, or 5 digit US zip codes and Taboola’s predictive engine will find similar users that are more likely to convert based on the assumption that these users will be “like” your current customers in your database.
Visit our Advertiser Data Use Policy here.
How Lookalikes Help You
- Proven Increase in Conversions - Targeting users who resemble your clients is proven to increase conversions and lower CPA
- Grow Reach - using lookalikes allows you to expand your reach and find new customers
- Harness Your Proprietary Data - Lookalikes takes advantage of the data you have on your customers and allows you to build off your past conversion success
How to create Lookalike Audiences?
Create a lookalike audience in the Audiences page within your Taboola Ads account.
1. In the top menu of Taboola Ads, click Audiences > + New Audience.
2. Select Lookalike Audience as the audience type.
3. On the audience creation screen, enter the audience name and select the data type from Emails, Mobile Device IDs (IDFA or GAID), or Zip Codes.
4. Upload the customer file in CSV format.
5. In the Audience Properties section, select "Create an additional targeting audience from file" if you wish to create a custom audience based on the same customer file you're uploading.
6. Click Create Audience to save the audience. It will take 2-3 days for the lookalike audience segment to process. You can check the status of the audience you've created in the Lookalike Audiences tab of the Audiences page.
How to target Lookalike Audiences?
1. Once the status of the lookalike audience segment changes to Ready, you can target or suppress it in existing or new campaigns.
2. Navigate to the Campaign Creation or Edit page.
3. In the Audience Targeting section, select the lookalike audience segment you wish to target or exclude under My Audiences.
- The CSV file should contain one single column of emails, mobile device IDs, or 5-digit US zip codes:
- Taboola will hash the emails on the client side without storing the emails on our servers.
- All emails must be in lowercase.
- Mobile Device IDs:
- Both iOS and Android devices IDs are accepted.
- The CSV file should contain a minimum of 2,000 and a maximum of 750,000 records and not exceed 100 MB.
- The CSV file should only include data for adult users in the U.S.
- Visit our Advertiser Data Use Policy here.