Smart Bid is the default bid strategy that is designed to maximize the conversions that your campaigns generate.
This optimization is based on the marketing objective that you have selected and aims to maximize the conversions which are included in your Total Conversion Value.
Starting from a baseline campaign bid you decide on, Smart Bid uses historic network data to automatically optimize bids of each impression, based on how likely they are to capture conversions.
Note: Smart Bid works most effectively with the new Taboola Pixel, as it feeds the Smart Bid conversion events that help drive better optimizations.
Note 2: With Smart Bid campaigns, you will still be able to adjust bids per site. Making a manual adjustment will set the bid to "Fixed Bid" for that site, while SmartBid will continue to optimize the remaining traffic.
How to Implement Smart Bid
- Go to the Campaign Management page, and click New Campaign.
- In the Bidding and Budget section, for Bid Strategy, toggle on Smart Bid.
- The actual Cost per Click (CPC) may be higher for some sites and lower for others. The maximum CPC for each site will not exceed 50% over the baseline bid amount.
- We recommend applying Smart Bid when you launch a new campaign, or clone an existing one. Note that Smart Bid will be the default setting when you launch a new campaign.
Not seeing Smart Bid? Reach out to your Account Manager
Benefits of Smart Bid:
- Leveraged network learnings: The Smart Bid engine operates according to performance learnings of more than 500 billion monthly impressions. The deep learning algorithm takes into account historical campaign performance of similar campaigns - along with user data and context - and then produces a CPC bid based on the likelihood to convert.
- Efficient, incremental scale: With the ability to run optimized bids across all 20,000+ sites on Taboola’s network, Smart Bid increases your campaign reach exponentially - with less risk.
- Maximized conversions: Smart Bid maintains competitive bids on the sites and audiences that are most likely to drive conversions for your marketing objectives, enabling you to easily and automatically adjust bids to get the most conversions across our entire network. Smart Bid prioritizes higher conversion rates, at scale.
Fixed Bid is a bidding strategy that leaves future bid optimizations in your hands. Unless adjusted otherwise, such as in the by-site tab of your Campaign Summary, the bid you input will always be the bid price paid.