Create a customer file audience in the 'Audience' page in backstage.
- In the left menu in Backstage, click on ‘Audiences’ > ‘New Audience’ > 'From Customer File' to upload a customer file
- Upload a CSV file with emails, hashed emails, mobile device IDs (IDFA or GAID), or 5 digit US Zip Codes
- Choose emails (hashed or non-hashed), mobile device ID, or 5 digit US zip codes
- If you choose to upload emails that are not hashed, Taboola will hash the emails on the client side without saving the emails on our servers.
- Name the audience
- Click "OK"
- Files appear in the audiences table with "Processing" status
- After 2-3 days, the lookalike audience status will change to "Ready"
- When it's "ready", target or suppress the audience under My Audiences on the Edit Campaign page
- Once a campaign is targeting an audience, the status of the corresponding audience will change to "Active"
- CSV file with one column of hashed emails
- We accept hashed emails, mobile device IDs, or 5 digit US zip codes of US customers only
- Taboola will hash the emails on the client side without saving the emails on our servers.
- Hashed Email: we’re compatible with the following:
- Email MD5
- Email SHA1
- Email SHA256
- Mobile Device IDs: we accept mobile device IDs from both iOS and Android devices:
- Mobile Device IDs on iOS devices are called "IDFAs"
- Mobile Device IDs on Android devices are called "GAIDs"
- U.S. Adults only: Your seed file should only contain users who are U.S. adults
- At least 2,000 records and no more than 750,000 records
- All emails should be lowercase before and after hashing
- File size should be no larger than 100 MB
Visit our Advertiser Data Use Policy here.