Advertisers can upload CRM files directly into Taboola for use on their campaigns. You can target and suppress audiences from your campaign and you can also build lookalike audiences (US only) to extend your reach based on your existing customers. CRM files can be uploaded for targeting and suppression in the following countries:
- United Kingdom
- United States
Create a customer file audience in the 'Audience' page in backstage.
- In the top menu in Taboola Ads, click on ‘Audiences’ > ‘New Audience’ > 'From Customer File' to upload a customer file
- Upload a CSV file with emails, hashed emails, mobile device IDs (IDFA or GAID), or 5 digit US Zip Codes
- Choose emails (hashed or non-hashed), mobile device ID, or 5 digit US zip codes
- If you choose to upload emails that are not hashed, Taboola will hash the emails on the client side without saving the emails on our servers.
- Name the audience
- Click "OK"
- Files appear in the audiences table with "Processing" status
- After 2-3 days, the lookalike audience status will change to "Ready"
- When it's "ready", target or suppress the audience under My Audiences on the Edit Campaign page
- Once a campaign is targeting an audience, the status of the corresponding audience will change to "Active"
- CSV file with one column of hashed emails
- We accept hashed emails, mobile device IDs, or 5 digit US zip codes of US customers only
- Taboola will hash the emails on the client side without saving the emails on our servers.
- Hashed Email: We are compatible only with SHA256 hashing
- Mobile Device IDs: we accept mobile device IDs from both iOS and Android devices:
- Mobile Device IDs on iOS devices are called "IDFAs"
- Mobile Device IDs on Android devices are called "GAIDs" or "ADIDs"
- U.S. Adults only: Your seed file should only contain users who are U.S. adults
- At least 7500 records and no more than 3 Million records*
- All emails should be lowercase before and after hashing
- File size should be no larger than 100 MB
*If you have customer files larger than 3Mil entries, you can onboard your audiences using our API Developer Portal
Visit our Advertiser Data Use Policy here.