Why Use the Google Ads Pixel in your Taboola Campaigns?
Reaching the right customer, at the right time, with the right message is the key to running a successful campaign. With 3rd party pixels, advertisers are able to measure audience behaviors on other platforms, as well as understand their users better.
The Google Ads Pixel for Taboola campaigns is a 3rd party remarketing pixel that gives advertisers greater flexibility to engage their customers.
Leveraging Google’s pixel in your Taboola campaigns will allow you to create custom audiences in the Google Ads platform in order to remarket your Taboola audiences on Google Ads.
In order to remarket your Taboola Audiences on Google, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Create an audience in Google Ads.
- Create a Google Ads image pixel.
- Set up the Google pixel as a 3rd party tag in Backstage.
How to create a custom audience in Google
- Enter your Google Adwords Account and choose "Tools" and then click on "Audience Manager"
- Click on the + button in the upper left corner in order to create a new audience.
- Select “Website Visitors” in the dropdown menu.
- Create a name for your audience and then, under "Tag Source” make sure "This Account" is selected from the dropdown menu options.
- In the "List members" section, choose "Visitors of a page with specific tag" and add all relevant tags in the description field. Once all tags are added, click CREATE AUDIENCE.
- At the New remarketing tag screen, give the tag a recognizable name and click “save” - Taboola Clickers for example.
- Choose "Create Audience"
How to Create a Google Ads pixel
- Select the new audience that you just created, then click on it to view the tag text. From the text snippet, select the following parameters - Pixel ID, Label, Value and Currency. (These variables immediately follow ‘send_to’:’AW.)
- Now, add the parameters to the image URL template below. Be sure to remove the brackets:
Here is a sample of a completed tag:
Enter the Google pixel URL as a 3rd party tag in Backstage
Finally, add this tag to Backstage under 3rd Party Tags
From this point, all users engaging with your Taboola campaign will be ready for remarketing in Google Ads.