What is S2S conversion tracking?
Server to Server" (S2S) conversion tracking is the method of tracking conversions through your server rather than using pixel-based tracking through your browser. This kind of conversion tracking is mostly used for app install campaigns and in cases where advertisers cannot place Taboola's pixel on the actual page where the conversion happens.
With S2S tracking, you can more clearly see how your campaigns are performing, optimize your performance and dramatically scale your app install demand.
Why Is It Important to Test the S2S Setup?
The S2S Test link allows you to test the end to end conversion flow in order to validate that you are accurately set up to track conversions and that all relevant parameters (site ID, item ID) are being captured by your analytics/attribution platform.
When tracking conversions through S2S, you do not have the ability to verify the accuracy of your implementation with typical tools (like the Taboola Pixel Helper). With the S2S Test Link, you will be able to test tracking accuracy before your campaign is even live. To test your S2S campaign, follow the simple steps below.
Required Steps to Accurately Test S2S Conversions
NOTE: You must have campaigns in Campaign Management in order to test S2S links.
- Taboola Pixel Screen
Next to the "Create Pixel" button you will see a new icon, "No Pixel? Try: Server to Server Tracking". Click here.
- S2S Pop-up Window Steps
The following window will appear, providing you instructions to follow. S2S conversion tracking allows you to track multiple conversions, such as:
- Mobile app installs and
- Post-install events (without installing the Taboola Pixel)
- Backstage Setup - make sure you have done the following.
- The parameters that you would like us to pass to your measurement platform are captured in the tracking parameters section in campaign setup:
- The URL of your creative(s) point to the relevant endpoint.
- You have defined conversions in Backstage for the events you would like to track.
- Test Server to Server Tracking
To verify that your server-to-server tracking is working properly, even before activating your campaigns, do the following:
• Copy the test link.
• Paste the test link in your mobile or web browser. Navigate to your app or website, and proceed through the flow that ends with that conversion.
• In Backstage you should see the activity in the Conversion Table, under the Events Received (this may take up to 20 minutes).
• Make sure the events are showing in your measurement platform as well.