Campaign clickers is a cookie based retargeting offering, allowing advertisers to serve a follow-up campaign to users who have clicked on a previous campaign (sometimes referred to as Sequential Retargeting in the industry). The option in retarget 'Campaign Clickers" in Taboola Ads uses the Taboola Pixel but you do not need to implement the pixel on your landing page. The implementation is done entirely in Taboola Ads making this solution suitable for all advertisers.
Please note, Campaign Clickers retargeting has very limited scale compared to targeting an attentive audience or all website visitors. This is because we can only serve an impression to users who have already clicked on one of the campaigns.
Step 1 - Select 'From Pixel' Audience
Navigate to the 'Audiences' section and select 'New Audience' > 'From Pixel'
Step 2 -Create The Campaign Clickers Audience
- Create an audience where your campaign clickers or viewers will be contained. The Type should be set to “Event”, and should be Based On “Custom” settings. The rest of the fields can be filled out as needed. Consider having a longer lookback window to maximize your scale.
- Then hit “Create Audience”
Step 3 - View Pixel Code
Once you have created the event, it’s time to extract the necessary code.
- In your “Audiences” screen, locate your new audience, and click on “View Code Snippet” to the right side of the page:
Step 4 - Copy Your Image Tag Code
Here you will see the entire pixel code. You only need to copy the IMG tag portion for this task.
- Highlight the text that is in underlined in the screenshot below, do not include the '' at the start and end and copy the code. Here is an example of what you should be copying:
Step 5 - Implement Pixel as 3rd Party Audience
You now need to implement the IMG Tag code from step 4 in the campaign where you want the campaign clickers to be built from.
- Copy the image tag code into the '3rd party pixels' section to be fired under clicks as shown in the screenshot.
- In the center field, enter the IMG TAG that was copied to your clipboard in the previous step.
Step 6 - Target Your Campaign Clickers Audience
Once you set your campaigns live, your audience will begin to grow. After enough time (typically around 2 weeks), you are ready to create a Campaign Clickers or Campaign Viewers campaign.
- To add your Clicker or Viewer audiences to a new campaign, navigate to “My Audiences” and there you should find all audiences you have created for retargeting.
- Fill out all remaining fields, and continue to the next pages to complete the campaign set up process.