What is Brand Safety?
The idea of ‘safety’ is nuanced, brands have begun to focus on not just safety but also on suitability. Safety is more easily measured - “Would any brand want to advertise on this page? Suitability is more subjective and variable - “Is this the right content for my brand?”
Who does Taboola Partner with to ensure brand Safety?
Taboola has established itself as a leader in brand safety by providing advertisers features and tools that enable both a brand-safe and brand-suitable environment; the core of this offering is a three-pillar approach that focuses on the following:
Environment-Control over the sites and article topics on which you want your brand to appear
Experience- Flexibility of how your ads are served on the page and what surrounds them
Accountability-Partnerships with leading safety, verification, and measurement platforms
Accountability is a key pillar of Taboola Brand Safety strategy, which is why we've integrated with a leading third party, Integral Ad Science (IAS) and DoubleVerify (DV), to offer advanced brand safety pre-bid and suitability targeting to all advertisers using Taboola Ads.
What is Brand Safety Pre-bid?
Taboola customers are able to prevent their ads from serving on articles and pages that do not meet their brand safety standards with integrations with DV and IAS. Brand Safety Pre-bid will block a campaign from running on supply not aligned with a client’s safety and suitability requirements. Brand Safety Pre-bid is a relationship between a platform (Taboola) and the brand safety provider (IAS/DV).
On each campaign, advertisers are given control to select their tolerance level for each category, ensuring that the articles and topics that fall outside of the designated safety level will never be targeted by that campaign, ensuring total coverage as measured by DoubleVerify or IAS.
How do you implement Brand Safety Pre-bid?
- During campaign set up in Taboola Ads you will find the Brand Safety Pre-bid Section
- Here you can select your preferred partner DoubleVerify or IAS:
- Once preferred partner is chosen, you can select available segments and risk tiers that are aligned with brand safety tolerance
Brand Safety Notes:
- You may only select one brand safety partner per campaign
- Only select segments you feel align with your brand safety requirements
- Blocking “High Risk” will give your campaign the most scale
- This is not an optimization tool but targeting utilize to help your campaign meet your brand’s brand safety/suitability needs